Perspective
Oops, already missed a day....
Well, as my friend Jake said yesterday, "You know it's going to be a long week when you tell someone to have a nice weekend and then realize it's only Monday."
Anyway, I did have a topic in mind yesterday to blog about, I just didn't have time because I had a very special Skype date :)
Something that I have noticed is that my definition of "far" has changed. Now that it takes me 10 minutes to bus to the lab, a 35 minute bus ride to Walmart seems very far and inconvenient. However, that's how long it took for me to bus to school every day during undergrad. I guess this means I should feel inclined to go to Walmart more often? hehe
Jake pointed out something really interesting last week. He said, "I wonder what people with no science background think when I tell them I have to run a gel?" That prompted us to make a list of science phrases that are composed of ordinary words but would make no sense to people not in science :P This is our list so far:
- running a gel
- splitting my cells
- be in the hood
Let me know what you non-science people think of if I told you I had to do those things! :)
I guess you can say I had my first graduate class today since last semester I switched into the undergrad course. But today actually reminded me of elementary school! :P The course is based on a series of presentations we have to prepare and he told us to think outside of the "standard" powerpoint presentation. It made me think of bristol boards and creative elementary school presentations! Then the other prof went through a series of exercises with us, where we got a few minutes to work together with a partner and then she took up the answers. Plus, I got homework that I will actually be able to complete in an hour or so! (hopefully). I don't remember the last time that has happened haha. So far the class sounds really interesting! Hope it stays that way....
今日好開心! Loblaws 大減價! 哈哈!
PS. FYI, I wasn't just a lazy bum this weekend, I did do some cleaning around the house! ;)
PS. Wings, here's a cute picture for you:
"What cracker?"
Well, as my friend Jake said yesterday, "You know it's going to be a long week when you tell someone to have a nice weekend and then realize it's only Monday."
Anyway, I did have a topic in mind yesterday to blog about, I just didn't have time because I had a very special Skype date :)
Something that I have noticed is that my definition of "far" has changed. Now that it takes me 10 minutes to bus to the lab, a 35 minute bus ride to Walmart seems very far and inconvenient. However, that's how long it took for me to bus to school every day during undergrad. I guess this means I should feel inclined to go to Walmart more often? hehe
Jake pointed out something really interesting last week. He said, "I wonder what people with no science background think when I tell them I have to run a gel?" That prompted us to make a list of science phrases that are composed of ordinary words but would make no sense to people not in science :P This is our list so far:
- running a gel
- splitting my cells
- be in the hood
Let me know what you non-science people think of if I told you I had to do those things! :)
I guess you can say I had my first graduate class today since last semester I switched into the undergrad course. But today actually reminded me of elementary school! :P The course is based on a series of presentations we have to prepare and he told us to think outside of the "standard" powerpoint presentation. It made me think of bristol boards and creative elementary school presentations! Then the other prof went through a series of exercises with us, where we got a few minutes to work together with a partner and then she took up the answers. Plus, I got homework that I will actually be able to complete in an hour or so! (hopefully). I don't remember the last time that has happened haha. So far the class sounds really interesting! Hope it stays that way....
今日好開心! Loblaws 大減價! 哈哈!
PS. FYI, I wasn't just a lazy bum this weekend, I did do some cleaning around the house! ;)
PS. Wings, here's a cute picture for you:
"What cracker?"
Comments
Post a Comment