Sunset, Twilight, Dusk

You might have noticed, based on all the photos I have, that sunset is my favourite time of day. Actually, I had to look up the official name of that because sunset, twilight, and dusk all refer to different things. Sunset, perhaps obviously, is when the sun starts to disappear below the horizon. Twilight is when the sun is no longer visible but sunlight still lights up the sky so that it is not completely light but not completely dark. Dusk is when it starts to get dark and some stars can be seen. But anyway, all three of those are good times :) I feel like that's when everything starts to slow down and people begin to relax for the evening (obviously I don't have a nightlife).
I made a list of things that I think of related to sunset/twilight/dusk:
1. Walking home from class/work and smelling the food from restaurants and people's homes.
2. Heading to dinner when we're out of town. Specifically, walking down the streets of Chinatown.
3. After a long day of traveling and visiting relatives, sitting in the car while my dad drives us to our next destination (usually dinner, again :P)
4. Taking walks to the park or grocery store with my grandparents. Sometimes we'd stop to play in the park, or get ice cream for dessert.
5. Biking.
6. Softball and soccer practice.

Once upon a time my bedtime was before twilight in the summer months. Sigh. Childhood... ♥
Comments
Post a Comment