Let's Dance!
Back with some updates on my life! :)
I recently joined a dance crew at my University. It was started by a girl named Crystal who wanted to give everyone an equal opportunity to be a part of a dance crew, without auditions or membership fees. Right now there are over 100 members in the crew and we perform at various shows throughout the year. This Saturday I took part in my first performance!
So last Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were all filled with rehearsals haha. We had to learn the whole dance in 3 days although some people already knew parts of the choreography. Only 6 crew members performed in this show so at least it wasn't too hard to figure out formations.
The performance was at a YMCA fitness conference (I didn't know there was such a thing as a fitness conference!). About 50 people were in the audience. We did a short Step dance and then taught the participants some basic Step moves. It was a lot of fun and some of the people got really into it! One lady talked to us afterwards and said she loved it and she's planning on teaching some Step dance to her elementary school students :) We also got complimentary YMCA water bottles haha. Before we left the conference organizers asked us to join them in their YMCA dance :P In case you were wondering, you bend your arms to the left to make the "C", not to the right.
Afterwards we went to Wendy's for lunch. I didn't try it but the Baja (I think it's pronounced "ba-ha") salad looks really good! It's like a taco salad. By the time I got home after lunch it was almost time to leave for my dance class! Our class recital is coming up at the end of March so these next few weekends will also be filled with dance and rehearsals. I'm excited! :)
I recently joined a dance crew at my University. It was started by a girl named Crystal who wanted to give everyone an equal opportunity to be a part of a dance crew, without auditions or membership fees. Right now there are over 100 members in the crew and we perform at various shows throughout the year. This Saturday I took part in my first performance!
So last Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were all filled with rehearsals haha. We had to learn the whole dance in 3 days although some people already knew parts of the choreography. Only 6 crew members performed in this show so at least it wasn't too hard to figure out formations.
The performance was at a YMCA fitness conference (I didn't know there was such a thing as a fitness conference!). About 50 people were in the audience. We did a short Step dance and then taught the participants some basic Step moves. It was a lot of fun and some of the people got really into it! One lady talked to us afterwards and said she loved it and she's planning on teaching some Step dance to her elementary school students :) We also got complimentary YMCA water bottles haha. Before we left the conference organizers asked us to join them in their YMCA dance :P In case you were wondering, you bend your arms to the left to make the "C", not to the right.
Afterwards we went to Wendy's for lunch. I didn't try it but the Baja (I think it's pronounced "ba-ha") salad looks really good! It's like a taco salad. By the time I got home after lunch it was almost time to leave for my dance class! Our class recital is coming up at the end of March so these next few weekends will also be filled with dance and rehearsals. I'm excited! :)
Comments
Post a Comment