Since the daily temperature is still 28-30 degrees on average, it definitely doesn't feel like "mid autumn". However it has already gotten a bit cooler, compared to what it was like a few weeks ago. Side note: "winter" in Hong Kong is defined as when the average daily temperature is lower than 18.8 degrees Celcius.... -.- So maybe this IS "autumn" weather haha. It's predicted that by 2050, there will be no more winters in Hong Kong. Anyway, this is the second time I've spent mid-autumn festival in Hong Kong, the first time being in 1998. I don't remember much of that experience, but I'm pretty sure at one point we all sat around outside, enjoying good food and looking at the moon, and my sisters and I got to play with lanterns :) I didn't get a lantern this year but there was definitely lots of good food and a beautiful moon! A feast at 蘭姨's house. Full moon. Getting into the spirit. I wore little "bunny ears...
Comments
Post a Comment